We are a reader supported site. We earn an affiliate commission when you buy through our links.
hello [@] kristenwalkersmith.com
In the October 2021 General Conference President Russell M. Nelson extended 19 invitations.
1. “I invite you to listen for three things during this conference: pure truth, the pure doctrine of Christ, and pure revelation.”
2. “If you have not yet sought for the ministering of the Holy Ghost to help you hear what the Lord would have you hear during these two days, I invite you to do so now. “
3. “Please make this conference a time of feasting on messages from the Lord through His servants.”
4. “Learn how to apply [the Conference messages] in your life.“
5. “. . . it is now time that we each implement extraordinary measures—perhaps measures we have never taken before—to strengthen our personal spiritual foundations.”
6. “Ponder these three truths:
The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again.
The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israel is to bring the blessings of the temple to God’s faithful children.
As we seek how to accomplish that objective more effectively, the Lord reveals more insights. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation.”
7. “Should distance, health challenges, or other constraints prohibit your temple attendance for a season, I invite you to set a regular time to rehearse in your mind the covenants you have made.”
8. “If you don’t yet love to attend the temple, go more often—not less. Let the Lord, through His Spirit, teach and inspire you there.”
9. “If it were possible for me to speak one-on-one with every young adult, I would plead with you to seek a companion with whom you can be sealed in the temple. “
10. “If I could speak with each husband and wife who have still not been sealed in the temple, I would plead with you to take the necessary steps to receive that crowning, life-changing ordinance.”
11. “If I could speak to each man or woman who longs for marriage but has not yet found his or her eternal companion, I would urge you not to wait until marriage to be endowed in the house of the Lord. Begin now to learn and experience what it means to be armed with priesthood power.”
12. “And to each of you who has made temple covenants, I plead with you to seek—prayerfully and consistently—to understand temple covenants and ordinances.“
“Make Time for the Lord,” President Nelson
13. “. . . I plead with you today to counter the lure of the world by making time for the Lord in your life—each and every day.”
14. “. . . I plead with you to make time for the Lord!“
15. “Make your own spiritual foundation firm and able to stand the test of time by doing those things that allow the Holy Ghost to be with you always.”
16. “Never underestimate the profound truth that “the Spirit speaketh … of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be.” “It will show unto you all things what ye should do.””
17. “Talk of Christ, rejoice in Christ, feast upon the words of Christ, and press forward with steadfastness in Christ.”
18. “Make your Sabbath a delight as you worship Him, partake of the sacrament, and keep His day holy.”
19. “. . . please make time for the Lord in His holy house.“