President Nelson's 25 Invitations
from the April 2022 General Conference
After each General Conference I love to read through the prophet’s talks and find any and every invitation he gave.
I do this by finding phrases like, “I invite you” and “I plead with you” and commanding words such as “start” or “stop.”
During the April 2022 General Conference I found 25 distinct invitations that President Russell M. Nelson made. I hope you find inspiration as you read through them!
1. We call upon people everywhere to pray for those in need, to do what they can to help the distressed, and to seek the Lord’s help in ending any major conflicts.
2. Today I reaffirm strongly that the Lord has asked every worthy, able young man to prepare for and serve a mission.
3. [To young women] Pray to know if the Lord would have you serve a mission, and the Holy Ghost will respond to your heart and mind.
4. We also welcome senior couples to serve when their circumstances permit
5. We invite everyone to continue to fast and pray for all the people being hurt by this calamity.
6. My call today, dear brothers and sisters, is to end conflicts that are raging in your heart, your home, and your life. Bury any and all inclinations to hurt others–whether those inclinations be a temper, a sharp tongue, or a resentment for someone who has hurt you.
7. I plead with you to do all you can to end personal conflicts that are currently raging in your hearts and in your lives.
8. Get on the covenant path and stay there.
9. Discover the joy of daily repentance.
10. Please do not fear or delay repenting. Satan delights in your misery. Cut it short. Cast his influence out of your life!
11. Start today to experience the joy of putting off the natural man.
12. If you feel you have strayed off the covenant path too far or too long and have no way to return, that simply is not true. Please contact your bishop or branch president.
13. Learn about God and how He works.
14. Cast Satan’s influence out of your life! Please do not follow him down to his “gulf of misery and endless wo.”
15. I plead with you to let God prevail in your life. Give Him a fair share of your time.
16. Seek and expect miracles.
17. Do the spiritual work to seek miracles. Prayerfully ask God to help you exercise that kind of faith.
18. End conflict in your personal life.
19. I repeat my call to end the conflicts in your life. Exercise the humility, courage, and strength required both to forgive and to seek forgiveness.
20. Two weeks from today we celebrate Easter. Between now and then, I invite you to seek an end to a personal conflict that has weighed you down.
21. If forgiveness presently seems impossible, plead for power through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ to help you.
22. My dear brothers and sisters, with all the pleadings of my heart, I urge you to get on the covenant path and stay there. Experience the joy of repenting daily. Learn about God and how He works. Seek and expect miracles. Strive to end conflict in your life.
23. Yes, we should learn from the past, and yes, we should prepare for the future. But only now can we do. Now is the time that we can learn. Now is the time that we can repent.
24. I repeat my urging from this morning to do those things that will increase your positive spiritual momentum . . . that will keep you moving forward through whatever challenges and opportunities come.
25. I plead with you to counter worldly ways by focusing on the eternal blessings of the temple. Your time there brings blessings for eternity.