What Did the Prophet Ask You To Do?
(October 2022 Edition)
Can you follow the prophet if you don’t know what he said?!
After each General Conference I love to read through the prophet’s talks and find any and every invitation he gave.
I do this by finding phrases like, “I invite you” and “I plead with you” and commanding words such as “start” or “stop.”
During the October 2022 General Conference I found 22 distinct invitations that President Russell M. Nelson made. I hope you find inspiration as you read through them!
1. There are many aids on the Church website [to protect others from abuse]. I invite you to study them.
2. I urge each of us to be alert to anyone who might be in danger of being abused and to act promptly to protect them.
3. Please make notes [during General Conference] of thoughts that catch your attention and those that come into your mind and stay in your heart.
4. Prayerfully ask the Lord to confirm that what you have heard [at General Conference] is true.
5. Each person who makes covenants in baptismal fonts and in temples—and keeps them—has increased access to the power of Jesus Christ. Please ponder that stunning truth! Overcome the World and Find Rest
6. I plead with you now—to take charge of your own testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel.
7. Work for [your testimony].
8. Nurture [your testimony] so that it will grow.
9. Feed [your testimony] truth.
10. Don’t pollute [your testimony] with false philosophies of unbelieving men and women.
11. As you make the continual strengthening of your testimony of Jesus Christ your highest priority, watch for miracles to happen in your life.
12. My plea to you this morning is to find rest from the intensity, uncertainty, and anguish of this world by overcoming the world through your covenants with God.
13. Let [God] know through your prayers and your actions that you are serious about overcoming the world.
14. Ask [God] to enlighten your mind and send the help you need.
15. Each day, record the thoughts that come to you as you pray; then follow through diligently.
16. Spend more time in the temple,
17. Seek to understand how the temple teaches you to rise above this fallen world.
18. I call upon you, my dear brothers and sisters, to become [a] righteous people.
19. Cherish and honor your covenants above all other commitments.
20. I urge you to increase your efforts to seek [Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ’s] help.
21. Let us never lose sight of what the Lord is doing for us now.
22. May you focus on the temple in ways you never have before.